WAREHOUSE STORE PERSON – CHRISTCHURCH
At Total Oil New Zealand our people and our culture are important to us. We strive to ensure we are the best at what we do, that our people love working here, feel supported, and are challenged. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with exceptional service and technical support. Our branches are located in Whangarei, Auckland, Tauranga, Rotorua, Taupo, New Plymouth, Nelson, Christchurch and Dunedin with our main distribution centre and support office in Hastings. We have recently expanded to the Wellington and Waikato regions so are growing rapidly! We also have a strong national network of distributors and are the third largest dedicated lubricants supplier in New Zealand.
Reporting to the Branch Operations Manager, your main tasks will be (but not limited to):
- Picking orders following the picking form – attention to detail is critical
- Accurately checking and packing orders
- Making sure the working environment is tidy and safe
- Helping unload containers
- Driving a forklift to source products/put products away
- Decanting larger quantities of products into smaller items
- Making small deliveries to customers.
What we are looking for
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Physically fit and reliable – you will need to be able to lift 20 litre
- Forklift license and relevant endorsements (or willing to attain)
- Hold a current New Zealand driver’s license
- Know your way around a computer and have the ability to learn new systems.
- Excellent communicator, a real team player who goes the extra mile to get the job done
- Have a solid understanding of or willing to learn the importance of safety requirements in a warehousing environment and the importance of safe manual handling practices.
- Ability to work in a busy environment.
- Keen to learn and help out where ever needed.
What will you get?
In return, we will provide training and development and you will get to work closely with a great bunch of people. We are proud of what we have achieved, are growing rapidly and most importantly: have some of the best people in the industry.
Please note alcohol and drug testing and a criminal history check will be required as part of pre-employment checks.
All applicants must have existing unrestricted rights to work in New Zealand.
We will be interviewing suitable candidates during the advertising process and may close the advert early.
Applications Close Friday 1 October 2021.
For a confidential discussion and to find out more about the role please call Carl Gourdie – 027-550-4425
Please click here for detailed job description: Position Description