People are at the heart of our culture.
This is treasured and reinforced throughout the business and beyond: our active social club organises memorable events for its members and our monthly staff newsletter brings to live what’s happening with Total Oil NZ across the country. We are a tight-knit, direct, fun loving but hardworking bunch. We are good people.
Sales Manager – Whangarei
Due to a retirement in the team we are on the lookout for an experienced Sales Manager to take full responsibility for our Whangarei Branch. You will have a team of four hard working and passionate people reporting to you and will be well supported by an experienced leader. This is the perfect role for someone who has oil industry experience (or similar), has managed a small business or branch and is happy to split their time between growing sales, leading people and overseeing the operational and warehousing side of our branches.
What we are looking for
First and foremost; we are after an experienced leader who is happy to get stuck in, is a real team player and thrives on providing exceptional service to our customers. You will be an excellent communicator, have top notch time and call planning management with plenty of energy! We know our success is through our people and we always put them first. It is critical that the successful person is a perfect match to our pillars (values) and culture.
To be successful in the role you will need
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a senior sales role, ideally with staff management responsibility, and proven performance in a business development function within a technical sales field in a similar or related industry.
- Have solid contacts and the ability to leverage off existing relationships
- Experience and high competence using systems and computer applications.
- A full clean drivers licence.
- Experience in key account management, developing strategic sales plans, preparing and analysing budgets and sales reports would be advantageous.
What will you get?
In return, you will get to work closely with a great bunch of people, be part of a successful kiwi owned business and make your mark. We are proud of what we have achieved, are growing rapidly and most importantly: have some of the best people in the industry.
Applications close Sunday 22 August, however we may interview suitable applicants as they apply and close the advert early if the right person has been selected.